Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A new kind of cola:

Pick a favorite soda beverage, one you have been drinking for years. Or perhaps a snack food or brand of car. Something in your life that is a favorite... I suppose anything will do. Now, how did you arrive at this decision? How did you decide this was your favorite? Perhaps it was the way it tasted on your lips, or the refreshing feeling you got after consuming it, or something simple as it was just what you got used to and now can't imagine anything else. Whatever the case, this is your favorite in all the world and although you have tasted other things, you inevitably return to your favorite. You know it is just right. Sure, other brands come along with flashy labeling, promises of a new and improved flavor, or even prizes in the box! And you try them, for a time. Sure the novelty of something new is always interesting at first. We love variety in our lives. But nothing says comfort, truth, safety and happiness like your good old faithful, never dissapointing favorite. And sure you can make arguments all day long about how you plan on trying something new, or how its time for a change, but it's not what you want. Not at all. Because what are you drinking right now? Thats right, your favorite. And what will you be drinking tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow again? Your favorite. To me, the rest of the known world can crash and burn and blow away as long as I have my favorite. How do I know this is true? Because no matter what I have said or done, I look in my hand and see what I have right here and now. Because if I wanted anything different, I would have it. But I dont have that, or anything else in my world, quite on purpose mind you, except the things I truly want. My favorites. Take a look at your world once in a while and spend a little time wondering if you're really drinking or eating your favorite things. I know I am.

On a side note, I am now very fucking thirsty. I think I will go partake of the wonderful gift of something refreshing, delicious and never dissapointing. You're probably wondering what that is, aren't you? But that is not the point of this post. The point is to help you decide what it is you want, since I already know what it is that I want and have been drinking it all along.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Matthew Mundane said...

Hmmm? How elaborate and insightful! What a delight to have you grace my post with such an indepth and enlightening feedback. Truly, you are a masterful linguist and a dizzying intellect. Please post again!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home