Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, October 05, 2007

One of my turns:

Day after day, love turns grey
Like the skin of a dying man.
Night after night, we pretend its all right
But I have grown older and
You have grown colder and
Nothing is very much fun any more.
And I can feel one of my turns coming on.
I feel cold as a razor blade,
Tight as a tourniquet,
Dry as a funeral drum.

It is not a good day. My cat has been at the vet for 4 days, the doctors have no idea what is wrong with him, they have done just about all diagnostic procedures they can possibly do on him, and today they open him up and look around. We lost his brother that way. No one knew what was wrong with him, they opened him up to see what was wrong and they never even sewed him back up, they put him to sleep from there.

Obviously I am very worried history will repeat itself.

On top of this, pile disappointment, confusion, jealousy, anger, and emptiness and you have my day in a nutshell. I am a prime candidate for the Devil, should he exist, to make one hell of a deal on a slightly used soul.

Run to the bedroom,
In the suitcase on the left
You'll find my favorite axe.
Don't look so frightened
This is just a passing phase,
One of my bad days.

I feel like the walls are closing in, the ceiling is falling and the floor is pushing me upwards into oblivion. This little box I will end up in will be my coffin, but also my wall. I have not had walls u p around me and my heart and soul since a teenager. In fact it is probably why I am back here again watching the walls go up and the box grow tighter.

Would you like to watch T.V.?
Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate the silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly?
Would'ya?... Would you like to see me try?

I am not a selfish man, I do not try to burden others with my problems and I do not often reach out and look for a helping hand. I try to be strong and stand on my own and be the person I am expected to be. But you cant be this all the time, thee is always something to stumble on and when you least expect it, you will and I have. I truly feel, one of my turns coming on.

Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think it's time I stopped?
Why are you running away?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home