Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Firefly:

I am going to hold off on the cat saga for one moment while. Largely due to the fact that it is forever evolving and getting more interesting the longer I wait! Instead I need to tell you about a rare and very special occurance. One that everytime I see it, I gasp in awe and happiness.




The Firefly. Photuris lucicrescens. The tiny little bug who lights up bright green on warm summer nights. I have lived many places around the U.S. in my life, but no where have I seen them so abundant, large and bright as here in the New England areas. To be honest, they alone make living here worth the harsh winters. They are like natures way of saying;
"Yeah sorry about freezing you half to death over the winter, here, let me make up or that with this". and there they are...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home